[unisog] Recommendation for list management sw

Eric Pierce epierce at usf.edu
Wed Nov 3 23:54:36 GMT 2004

We've been using CommuniGate for almost 3 years and I've been really
happy with it.  However, the listserv module is the worst part of the
package.  It feels like it was slapped together when most of the rest
of the system is very reliable and polished.
We used to use Lyris ListManager which was great when we started using
it back in '97, but it seems it has gone through a slow decline into
just a spamming tool.  After trying out some of the other Listserv
programs, we decided on Mailman, although if I had to do it over again
now I would look closer at Sympa.

-Eric

Eric Pierce, RHCE                  Phone: (813) 974-8868
Academic Computing                 Fax:   (813) 974-1799
University of South Florida        Email: epierce at usf.edu