[unisog] How do you handle spyware/adware?

Hart, Lee Anne LeeAnne.Hart at montgomerycollege.edu
Fri Nov 5 21:45:56 GMT 2004

I am interested in learning how other schools are handling preventing,
detecting, and removing spyware/adware from workstations.  From doing
some preliminary research, I've found software (Spybot, Spysweeper,
Adaware, etc.) that can be installed on the workstations, but I'm not
sure how effective they will be since they require updates to
detect/remove new programs.  We have been testing McAfee VSE 8.0i, but
its too early to tell how effective it will be.  Has anyone else been
testing McAfee VSE 8.0i?  What are your feelings about the product?
What are some other method or ways to help eliminate spyware/adware?
Thanks in advance,

Lee Anne