[unisog] An help for a thesis

mmunaret at studenti.math.unipd.it mmunaret at studenti.math.unipd.it
Mon Nov 15 21:11:18 GMT 2004

Hi y'all, I am doing a research for a thesis in intrusion detector learning but
I have some problems sniffing a proper net.
I am using a tcpdump log file to extrapolate some features that I need, like the
lenght of the connection, the protocol type, the service and so on but I need to
have other information like:
"wrong fragment", urgent, connections that have SYN/REJ errors and so on.

Just for an example, features written here:
www.kdd.ics.uci.edu/databases/kddcup99/task.html
are ones that I use.
Thank you so much for your contribution even if it is not a fully security issue.

Matteo Munaretto
University of Padova - Italy
Computer Science Dept.

Mail inviata da: http://www.studenti.math.unipd.it

Dipartimento di Matematica Pura ed Applicata
Universita' degli Studi di Padova