[unisog] SEF 8.0 with loading balancing or Checkpoint FW-1 with 3Com 6200 security switch?

Wayne Chow wayne.chow at utoronto.ca
Tue Nov 16 18:05:37 GMT 2004

Hi all,

Does anyone have experience with the firewalls below?

1) One 3Com 6200 security switch with checkpoint FW-1

or

2) Two Windows 2003 servers with Symantec Enterprise Firewall 8.0 and load
balancing enabled?

We are in the process of planning for the upgrade of our firewall and we
need to decide which one of the above we should implement.  The decision
factors are reliablity, scalability and throughput.

Can you please share your experience with either of the firewall technogies.
Any comments or feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Wayne Chow
Network Administrator
Faculty of Dentistry, University of Toronto
124 Edward Street, Suite 458A
Toronto, Ontario M5G 1G6
(416) 979-4900 Ext. 4620
(416) 979-4936 Fax