[unisog] Information on Commercial Anti Spam Software

Jason Richardson A00JER2 at wpo.cso.niu.edu
Tue Nov 16 23:32:32 GMT 2004

Same here.  CanIt-Pro and ClamAV (the open source virus scanner that is
integrated into the software) have worked very well for us. The virus
scanner has outperformed commercial AV software that we have used and
the spam scanning features are very flexible and configurable.  As
another poster mentioned, pricing was reasonable and support has been
top notch.

>>> Michael Sofka <sofkam at rpi.edu> 11/16/2004 11:12:17 AM >>>
We're using CanIt-Pro from Roaring Penguin.  It is very flexible,
uses open source where possible, and could be adapted to our needs.
The Vendor is also very responsive to suggestions.

Mike

Michael D. Sofka              sofkam at rpi.edu
C&CT Sr. Systems Programmer    Email, TeX, epistemology.
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, Troy, NY.
http://www.rpi.edu/~sofkam/