[unisog] security implications of using PCAnywhere on campus network

Clyde Hoadley hoadleyc at mscd.edu
Thu Nov 18 00:26:52 GMT 2004

We do not support PCAnywhere here.  But we do provide
VPN services.  If you don't already have one, I suggest
you develop a written and approved "Remote Access" policy.

For our VPN policy, we require a business justification
and, VPN access is limited to full time faculty & staff
only.

http://www.mscd.edu/%7Einfotech/policies/manual/vpnPolicy.htm

Rob Becker wrote:

> We have had a user request PCAnywhere access to our network from home
> via the Internet.  Can anyone offer links to resources or personal
> experiences with this software?  On principal I would prefer not to
> allow any access beyond email from off campus, but I have been asked to
> research this possibility.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.
> Thanks.
> Rob

Clyde Hoadley, CISSP
Security & Disaster Recovery Coordinator
Department of Information Technology
Metropolitan State College of Denver
http://www.mscd.edu/%7Einfotech/security
http://clem.mscd.edu/%7Ehoadleyc/