[unisog] SANS GIAC training for EDUs only, 3/6/05-3/12/05

marchany at vt.edu marchany at vt.edu
Thu Nov 18 02:44:23 GMT 2004

Hi there. We'll be doing another SANS-EDU event this coming March here at VA
Tech. Just wanted to let you know what we've got in mind. You say, those dates
look a little screwy. I say that's because SANS will give us a full 6 day
certification track for $500/student. We can pick one from the following 3
tracks:

Track 3 - Intrusion Detection in Depth (SEC503)
Track 4 - Hacker Techniques, Exploits & Incident Handling (SEC504)
Track 8 - System Forensics, Investigation & Response (SEC508)

These are the full 6 day GIAC certification courses. You can get more detailed
information on the tracks by going to http://www.sans.org/cdieast04/. This is
an intensive class with some evening sessions as well.

So, please let me know which tracks you'd like to take. Give me your 1st, 2nd
and 3rd choices. The sooner the better so SANS can line up the instructors.
We'll have a www site set up for registration and lodging information sometime
in late December.

The $500 price does NOT include the GIAC certification tests. If you want to
obtain a GIAC certification, you'll have to pay another $300 for that directly
to SANS. Normal tuition for any of the above tracks is around $2900/person
with lodging and travel extra.

To summarize:

1. DATE: 3/6/05-3/12/05 - 6 day SANS GIAC course - track TBD
2. COST: $500/person for the entire course
3. LOCATION: VA Tech, Blacksburg, VA
4. RESTRICTIONS: full time faculty/staff from any accredited EDU (higher ed,
community college, K-12)

Let me know your preferences asap.

Thanks.

	Randy Marchany