[unisog] E-research, grid computing, etc

Cowles, Robert D. rdc at slac.stanford.edu
Thu Nov 25 17:29:29 GMT 2004

Look at web sites like www.ppdg.net ;
www.opensciencegrid.org ; http://public.eu-egee.org
and the standards oranization for some of
the grid work ... www.gridforum.org

I'm currently at the 2nd EGEE Conference and have
just given a presentation there on planned Incident
Response policy for the Open Science Grid to promote
a common policy between US and European research grids.

There are lots of challenges in managing the risks
associate with grid computing. Part of the direction
I'm pushing for on Incident Response is to claim that
the site has primary control of the resources and that
we need better controls in the middleware to be able
to block things (external to the site) that are
misbehaving (users, services, organizations).

Bob Cowles
Computer Security Officer
Stanford Linear Accelerator Center
and
co-chair of Security Technical group of the
Open Science Grid