[unisog] VSC 2.0 Beta 2 Release

Matthew Wirges wirges at purdue.edu
Mon Apr 11 13:39:19 GMT 2005

I'd like to announce that the second (and hopefully last) beta release
of the VSC is now available for download from the following locations:

 * https://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=101892
 * https://vsc-dev.itsp.purdue.edu/downloads.php

If you are not familiar, the VSC is an attempt at a free web front-end for the
vulnerability scanner Nessus.  It is designed to interact with a Linux
Virtual Server "cluster" of Nessus servers.

The web interface offers the following features:
  * Immediate or Recurring Scan Requests
  * Scanning policy management (Nessus options, plugin sets, etc..)
  * Single scan reports or "differential timeline" reports

For an expanded list of features, please see:
  http://bishop.itsp.purdue.edu/cgi-bin/trac.cgi/wiki/VscFeatures

For VSC requirements, please see::
  http://bishop.itsp.purdue.edu/cgi-bin/trac.cgi/wiki/VscRequirements

Caveats:
  * The VSC is BETA software
  * Documentation exists but has not been finalized.  I hope to have it
    available as soon as the documentor returns from vacation :-)
    (Install / upgrade documentation is available.)

Thanks to all of you who have helped test the previous beta release.

-matt
--
Matthew Wirges
IT Security and Policy Analyst