[unisog] RADIUS Products

Donal Lynch donal at yorku.ca
Wed Apr 13 21:25:24 GMT 2005

Greetings,

I noticed you only listed commercial products, but if you're
willing/able to consider open source, you might want to look at
http://www.freeradius.org/.  We've been using it here for a couple
of years to authenticate wireless and VPN users.  We've been quite
happy with it (and we're certainly happy with the price :-), but the
documentation could be a little better (it tends to assume you
already have a pretty good understanding of radius, which doesn't
help beginners), but I gather the O'Reilly RADIUS book talks a lot
about FreeRADIUS.

Regards,

          Donal

--
Donal Lynch
Asst. Manager, CNS Network Operations, York University