[unisog] Policy on "removeable storage devices"

Russell Fulton r.fulton at auckland.ac.nz
Fri Apr 29 00:29:42 GMT 2005

HI Folks,
	 We currently have a policy regarding the use of laptop computers,
particularly as they relate to sensitive data:

http://www.auckland.ac.nz/security/LaptopSecurityPolicy.htm

and we are now looking at addressing similar issues with the ubiquitous
usb/firewire storage devices which are even easier to loose or have
stolen.

We are particularly interested to hear if anyone has experience with
data encryption for such devices -- either built in to the device or via
software on the 'host' machine.

Cheers, Russell

--
Russell Fulton, Information Security Officer, The University of Auckland
New Zealand

PS. you are welcome to look at our other policies in this directory --
No, I did not choose the colour scheme ;)