[unisog] Port 25 blocking - on the

Stephen C Woods scw at seas.ucla.edu
Sat Apr 30 16:15:16 GMT 2005

 A list of mailservers that are allowed to be contacted by all
clients...  (e.g your mail outgoing mail server).

On Fri, Apr 29, 2005 at 11:44:50AM -0400, Paul Ryan wrote:
> Hi - I am doing a study on blocking port 25 outbound on our cable modems
> with the exceptions of approved mail servers. What techniques are used by
> the colleges/universities to workaround this - port 587,465,webmail etc ?
>

> best regards,
>
> Paul

-----
Stephen C. Woods; UCLA SEASnet; 2567 Boelter hall; LA CA 90095; (310)-825-8614
Unless otherwise noted these statements are my own, Not those of the
University of California.                      Internet mail:scw at seas.ucla.edu