[unisog] Vulnerability scanner for MS05-039

Chris Russel russel at yorku.ca
Tue Aug 16 12:27:50 GMT 2005

Our vuln scanning tool is here, updated to detect MS05-039:

http://infosec.yorku.ca/tools/

(also checks MS04-007, MS04-011 for good measure)

It is designed for speed and should do a class-B in 5-10 minutes or less
(run with 100+ threads). I got tired of renaming it after every new
Microsoft security bulletin, so it is just called noxscan now (used to be
011scan). It is somewhat of a hack but works well enough for us - standard
disclaimer, YMMV, no guarantees of any kind... Tested on Linux, OpenBSD,
and Solaris.

Thanks to those on #unisog who helped test it.

--
Chris Russel
Manager CNS Information Security