[unisog] zotob and returning students, what are you going to do?

Ramon Kagan rkagan at yorku.ca
Thu Aug 18 20:30:29 GMT 2005

Greetings,

That is true.  We run the noxscan (formerly 011scan) on at least an hourly
basis to scan our class B as well as our private address space.  Takes
about 10 minutes on a severely underpowered pentium 2 - 333 with 96 MB
ram.  We will be upgrading that soon, so odds are the scan will be under 5
minutes.  The output of the scan is forwarded to an autoprocess we've
developed that contacts the user or appropriate tech group to fix the
problem.  However, this is for systems already on the network and thus
reactive.  Our other solution, YSS, is designed to be far more proactive.

Ramon Kagan, GCIA
York University, Computing and Network Services
Information Security  -  Senior Information Security Analyst
(416)736-2100 #20263
rkagan at yorku.ca

I have not failed.  I have just	       I don't know the secret to success,
found 10,000 ways that don't work.     but the secret to failure is
 				       trying to please everybody.
 	- Thomas Edison				- Bill Cosby