[unisog] Library Management Systems
jeabrams at salud.unm.edu
Wed Aug 24 23:04:41 GMT 2005
We are software only support similar to Concordia. We however are running RH Enterprise......We moth-balled the DEC Alphas.......
You might try your query on the III users mail list..
innopac at innopacusers.org
you will find that there are many variations on both support size and platform but the standard has been DEC/HP for a long while...
John E. Abrams
Sr. LAN Administrator
The University of New Mexico
Health Sciences Library and Informatics Center
Technical Support Services, Systems Group
Office: 272-5183 Cell: 249-5183
>From a Linux environment to you.....
>>> bfriday at lasierra.edu 8/23/2005 10:47:13 AM >>>
I hope this Tuesday finds you better than yesterday!
I'm wondering if any other Universities on this list are familiar
with Innovative Interfaces Millennium product and would be able to
share information in the following areas:
1) Do you have Millennium on your own hardware or that supplied by
2) Manpower hours dedicated to system administration duties of the
-- if your further able to answer the following I'd love the input as
3) Size of the collection served by Millennium?
4) How has Innovative Interfaces support and patching been?
5) How has Innovative Interfaces networking requirements been?
(flexible, willing to be secure?)
6) Have you found their sales reps to understate or overstate the
capabilities of their hardware software packages?
For our University the information is as follows:
1) - using Innovative hardware, Alpha 500 megahertz processor system
from compaq, we aren't allowed to touch the box so don't know much
more than that...
2) currently 1/8 of a "person"
3) - 650,000 holdings approximately
4) - unknown,
5) - inflexible, very adverse to following basic security standards
6) - highly over estimated capabilities of in place system....
Thanks in advance for your time, I'll return a summary of my findings
if there is interest (please indicate if you'd like your data shared).
La Sierra University
Riverside, CA 92515
Tel: (951) 785-2900
Fax: (951) 785-2908
bfriday at lasierra.edu
unisog mailing list
unisog at lists.sans.org
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the unisog