[unisog] Validation problems with Windows Update

John Stauffacher stauffacher at chapman.edu
Fri Aug 26 21:28:02 GMT 2005

I'd suggest highly that we not go about advocating a process to defeat a
DRM. Smells of DMCA violation to me. Its better to point students to our
own bookstores to sell them nice new copies of windows xp. If its
actually a legit copy of windows (and they HAVE their certificate and
the CD is an orig, then have them take it up with MS). It may be silly
and pointless (I agree) but at the same time, I doubt any of us want the
liability of advocating DRM removal.