[unisog] Validation problems with Windows Update

John Stauffacher stauffacher at chapman.edu
Sat Aug 27 01:11:11 GMT 2005

I agree its a hassle, but I don't agree with offering up known
circumvention techniques as an answer to any problem.

As for our own house -- the Microsoft Campus Agreement is a little bit
different, though I am not to privy to all its details as I tend not
even to use windows. My point was, I don't think it would be in the best
interest of the student/staff member to put themselves in the
uncomfortable position of comprimising a DRM technique, even moreso I
find it irresponsible for a security list to be offering that as sage
like advice. Call it ethics, call it what you will -- some people take
what they read here and dont run it through any sanity checks and start
going and doing without realizing that there may be harm and possible
reprocutions.