[unisog] Validation problems with Windows Update

Anderson, Kelly kjanders at umich.edu
Sat Aug 27 01:35:19 GMT 2005

Matt,

I found the same oddity about being able to download but not install the
WGAV tool from the Windows Update site.  I found, after much
head-banging, that it was because of a Group Policy I had on these
machines.  I configured Group Policy to set the Automatic Updates and
BITS Services to Automatic.  Once I removed these services from Group
Policy and let the local machine configure the service, it installed
without issue.  Try to figure that one out!  :P

--Kelly

Kelly Jo Anderson
Senior Systems Administrator
Windows Technologies