[unisog] friendly, secure web based file transfer applications

Brian Smith-Sweeney bsmithsweeney at nyu.edu
Tue Aug 30 19:22:53 GMT 2005

http://sshwindows.sourceforge.net/

This is basically just minimal cygwin + openssh.  I haven't used it in
production.  It opens the whole "ssh-based file transfer gives people
shell access" can of worms, and I'm not sure there's a way around this.
  It also (I believe) maintains a seperate password file.

-Brian
Harris, Michael C. wrote:
> That said, do any list members know of a freeware windows secure ftp
> service for the server side?
> I have found several commercial ssh FTP products but none are freeware /
> shareware.
>
> Mike

Brian Smith-Sweeney      Sr. Network Security Analyst
ITS Technology Security Services, New York University
bsmithsweeney at nyu.edu
http://www.nyu.edu/its/security