[unisog] Active Directory Web-Based Password Reset

Watson, Michael watsonmj at wharton.upenn.edu
Fri Dec 2 19:47:53 GMT 2005

This is a snippet of Visual Basic.NET code that is used to reset/change passwords.  The directory entry object in .NET is pretty much an interface to querying active directory.  The invoke code is some API to the Active Directory interface that is a bit lower level.  Hope this helps some.

Mike W.
Wharton Computing
University of Pennsylvania

deDirectoryEntry.Username = strSAMAccountName
deDirectoryEntry.Password = strOldPassword
deDirectoryEntry.AuthenticationType = AuthenticationTypes.Secure

deDirectoryEntry.Invoke("ChangePassword", New Object() {strOldPassword, strNewPassword})
deDirectoryEntry.CommitChanges()
deDirectoryEntry.Close()

Reset Password:

deDirectoryEntry.Username = strAdminAccountName
deDirectoryEntry.Password = strAdminAccountPassword
deDirectoryEntry.AuthenticationType = AuthenticationTypes.Secure

deDirectoryEntry.Invoke("SetPassword", New String() {strNewPassword})