[unisog] Forwarding email and security.

Ben Beuchler ben_beuchler at mcad.edu
Mon Dec 5 22:34:43 GMT 2005

On Mon, Dec 05, 2005 at 02:23:00PM -0800, Cary, Kim wrote:

> Given that task, I've also heard that autoforwarding email to external
> accounts is a security issue. Does anyone have any policy or technical
> safeguards to share related to that problem?

We decided that since email is an "official communications medium" and
that we could not ensure delivery once it left our campus, we would not
forward off campus.

-Ben

--
Ben Beuchler                         Minneapolis College of Art and Design
Network Administrator                                ben_beuchler at mcad.edu