[unisog] File protection in a Windows Environment

Micheal Cottingham micheal.cottingham at sv.vccs.edu
Tue Dec 6 19:22:53 GMT 2005

There are a number of solutions out there. Windows 2000 server and up
come with solutions to encrypt parts of disks or entire disks as does
2000 Professional. There is also non-freeware called PGPDisk
(http://www.pgpi.org/products/pgpdisk/). As I am a fan of opensource,
GPG works well. It doesn't do volumes yet like PGPDisk does, but it will
do files. (http://www.gnupg.org/) TrueCrypt is opensource and does
support entire volumes. (http://www.truecrypt.org/) There are quite a
few others out there.

Micheal Cottingham
micheal.cottingham at sam victor.victor charley charley sam.edward david uni
Southside Virginia Community College
Network Security - Christanna Campus