[unisog] RTIR (RT for Incident Response)

Rudolph Pereira rudolph at usyd.edu.au
Thu Dec 15 21:12:04 GMT 2005

On Thu, Dec 15, 2005 at 03:36:40PM -0500, Guy Dickinson wrote:

> I'm a couple of days late to the party, but we have had pretty extensive
> experience with both RT and RTIR here at NYU. Here's what I've learned
> so far:
>
> * RTIR is a bit incomplete. Some of its features, while they look nice,
> don't work quite right, and some of the core RT functionality gets
> broken in the process of overlaying RTIR. There's also a rather small
> user-base to provide support.
One issue I encountered is that while the userbase of RTIR is small, and
it has problems, it appears to be one of the few open-source, free products out
there that does incident tracking. And as you say, RT is a good solid base (I
particularly like that dealing with mail is at it's core) to build on.

Is everyone else using in-house (or commercial?) products? Are there
real, useful alternatives to RTIR with similar (open source, free,
extensible) properties, specifically for incident tracking (as opposed
to say bug tracking, which RT does quite well already)

thanks