[unisog] Experiences using Bradford Campus Manager (1) on a large campus network or (2) multiple instances

H. Morrow Long morrow.long at yale.edu
Wed Feb 2 16:16:52 GMT 2005

We are looking at Bradford Campus Manager as a commercial
alternative for network registration, automatic Nessus scanning
as a part of network registration, etc.

However, it appears to be primarily deployed at institutions
with smaller networks.

We are interested in everyone's experiences with Bradford Campus
Manager -- but particularly those who have tested and/or deployed
it in large research university environments or with large resnets.

We are also particularly interested in hearing from anyone who
has multiple instances of Bradford Campus Manager on their
campus network as well as comments on scalability and failure
mode recovery (fail-over, redundancy, MTTF, etc.).

Looking for any and all experiences (good, bad, indifferent).
I'll summarize to the list. Please reply to me off-list. Thanks.

- H. Morrow Long, CISSP, CISM
   University Information Security Officer
   Director -- Information Security Office
   Yale University, ITS