[unisog] Cansecwest trial balloon

Peter Van Epp vanepp at sfu.ca
Fri Feb 4 17:48:17 GMT 2005

	Russell suggested before christmas that it may be interesting to see
how many education folks are planning on attending Cansecwest
(http://www.cansecwest.com/) May 4-6 in Vancouver and if there is interest in
a 1 day fairly informal round table (or more formal if someone has time to do
some orginizing) session of just education folks before the conference. Since
the conference is downtown and walking distance to our downtown campus I can
arrange a room without problem (and there is a brew pub just across the street
for when discussion gets heated :-)). So I figured I'd start here and see if
there is interest, then I'll verify I can get a room and see if we can get an
invitation sent to any education folks that have already registered for the
conference (Russell tells me they are receptive).
	I'd think the best day would be the Tuesday before the conference
which would allow any interesting issues that come up to be discussed at the
conference but the Saturday after is probably also doable (I'd have to verify
the campus will be open on Saturday, but it usually is). Replies of interest
to me are probably best and I'll report back on how things look in a week or so.