[unisog] IPS

James D. Perry II jperry1 at utk.edu
Mon Feb 7 21:01:50 GMT 2005

> Look at TippingPoint, we use them at numerous locations across campus as
> well as the internet border and have been very happy with the results!

We use a mixture of McAfee's Intrushield 4000's, Tipping Point Unity One,
and a few snort IDS boxes.  Based on our experience, we are standardizing on
the Tipping Point product as our main IDS/IDP of choice.  I too would highly
recommend the Tipping Point product line....although, I am curious to see
what being acquired by 3Com does for the future of their product line and
support.

James Perry
Security Analyst
University of Tennessee, Information Security Office
916 Volunteer Blvd., Suite 200
(865) 974-3592 - Voice
(865) 974-4810 - Fax
Jperry1 at utk.edu