[unisog] IPS

Gary Flynn flynngn at jmu.edu
Mon Feb 7 21:24:28 GMT 2005

Wes Young wrote:

> Hi all,
>     We're looking to venture into the IPS/IDP market.... I've been
> looking
> at Juniper and ISS and was wondering if anyone here has gone into this
> market (at the internet boarder level), what they used, their
> experiences and why.... Any information is greatly appreciated!!!

We tested several over a period of weeks last winter on live
Internet connections and chose Juniper. Don't buy one without
trying it out on your network with you, not a marketing rep,
driving it.

Ours have been operational since last April and we've been
pleased overall with the results.

Gary Flynn
Security Engineer
James Madison University