[unisog] Symantec Vulnerability - info

Allison MacFarlan allison.macfarlan at yale.edu
Thu Feb 10 22:01:48 GMT 2005

Symantec has decided not to update the vulnerable versions on the
Windows platform. They are advising customers to upgrade to a new
build. In NAV/SAV 9.*, this is build 9.0.1.1000 and higher. We have
not determined yet whether a new build can be installed on top
of the old one, or if you'll have to rip it out.

It is not available on their site. You'll have to get the executables
from your Symantec rep. (Good luck.)

For the Macintosh platform, they *will* be upgrading the product through
Live Update. You can get your update by running Live Update now.
Technically, the "update" disables the dec2exe module. They hope to
have a permanent fix out in the next week.

:-| !*&%