[unisog] HXD

Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu
Fri Feb 11 20:35:42 GMT 2005

On Fri, 11 Feb 2005 13:35:12 EST, Wes Young said:
> What (if you've seen it) has been your best ally against Hacker Defender
> (and other comperable rt kits) that have all the goodies: self destruct,
> password crackers etc...

Stop running operating systems that allow so many different ways for
Hacker Defender to get its claws into your system, and are so difficult to
boot from a rescue disk that you can do clean-up from.

(And yes, I *KNOW* that Linux systems are equally vulnerable to having
kernel modules loaded that do cloaking and the like. The crucial distinction
is that it's a lot easier to boot a Linux box from a Knoppix or other rescue
CD and clean things up.)

OK.. So you asked for the best way to treat gunshot wounds, and I suggested
that you avoid areas with high rates of gang-related gunfire.  I've always
been a fan of preventative medicine. :)