[unisog] Spyware list

John Kristoff jtk at northwestern.edu
Sat Feb 12 16:19:49 GMT 2005

On Sat, 12 Feb 2005 16:35:35 +1300
Russell Fulton <r.fulton at auckland.ac.nz> wrote:

> I wonder if I dare to build a pf table from that list and use it to
> block traffic?  Can anyone think of legitimate reasons why someone might
> visit any of these sites?

Russell, note I haven't gone through the list and verified if any
of the sites might be legitimate, but one word of caution is if
blocked by IP address, the IP address may be either a) transient
or b) a shared web hosting address.  All the usual caveats about
relying on any particular blacklist apply of course.

You might dare build a list to first report on traffic.

John