[unisog] Scans on tcp/41523

Keith Schoenefeld schoenk at utulsa.edu
Mon Feb 14 15:39:36 GMT 2005

I'm not sure what's going on yet, but I've started picking up a
reasonably large number of scans on port tcp/41523 from off campus.  The
Internet Storm Center at SANS (isc.sans.org) has a cool tool where you
can look up a port and see if other people are picking up scans on
specific ports.  On Feb. 12th, there were 144 total scans reported to
isc on port 41523.  For today, and total of 46,000 scans had been
reported (a 31,844% increase if my math is correct).  Something is up.
Anyone know of any new worm that creates a backdoor on tcp/41523?

-- KS

--
Keith Schoenefeld
Manager of College Computer Services