[unisog] SANS Training at VA Tech, UPDATE

marchany at vt.edu marchany at vt.edu
Thu Feb 17 16:15:40 GMT 2005

Just an update on the upcoming SANS-EDU here in March.

1. As of 2/14/05, we have 170 officially registered. Please register asap so I
can get a good head count for course materials and so my boss will sleep at
night :-). If you're waiting for your bureaucracy to clear your travel before
you register, send me a note to let me know you're coming. If you have
registered, pass the info about the course to others. The registration
deadline is 2/28/05.  http://www.conted.vt.edu/isect/

	a. You can register online now and bring the payment with you when
	   you check in here.

2. Those of you who are flying into Roanoke, there are 3 options for getting
from Roanoke airport to VA Tech. The airport is ~35 miles from campus.
        option 1: rent a car
        option 2: take the SmartWay Bus to campus ($3.00 1-way). See
http://www.smartwaybus.com for details and schedule.
        option 3: take the Roanoke Limo service ($25.00-$40.00 1 way).

While the Smartway Bus is cheaper, its schedule might not work with yours.
Travel time from the airport to campus is about 40 minutes.

WHAT: SANS GIAC Training - Intrusion Detection In-Depth
WHERE: VA Tech, Blacksburg, VA
WHEN: 3/7/05-3/12/05, Class is Monday-Saturday, Hotel check-in on 3/6/05
RESTRICTIONS: full time faculty/staff from any accredited EDU: K-12, community
college, higher ed
COST: $500/person - course only; $800/person - course + GIAC certification
exam. NOTE: By comparison, the regular SANS price would be $2895/person.
REGISTER AT:  http://www.conted.vt.edu/isect/
MORE INFO: Randy Marchany, marchany at vt.edu, 540-231-1688