[unisog] Is MS and Computerworld that nieve??

Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu
Fri Feb 18 20:10:13 GMT 2005

On Thu, 17 Feb 2005 23:32:28 CST, Bill Martin said:

> I have not read the article, I just thought it was funny that they
> calssify "rootkits" new.  Even in the Windows world, NT Rookkit has been
> around for YEARS!!!
>
> MS is as dumb as Jessica Simpson if they really believe that a "windows
> rootkit" is concept. . . then again. Computerworld is not much better
> for the pull-out they use.

You missed the point.  It's like a tobacco company executive - if Microsoft
admits that rootkits have been around for years, then they'd also have to admit
that they've been either unable or unwilling to stop them for years.

Microsoft isn't stupid - they're merely hoping that the average "management by
8x11 glossy" PHB *is* stupid enough to sheep the propaganda.