[unisog] Developing "Security Guidelines" email

Michael Holstein michael.holstein at csuohio.edu
Mon Feb 28 17:26:38 GMT 2005

> Our response to this problem is a "security cd" that contains the
> Microsft service pack and all patches released since (plus McAfee and
> other goodies). A small MFC application autoruns and determines various
> environment variables (like version of windows, office, etc) and builds
> a list of patches to install using 'qchain'.

I've had some off-list requests to unbundled the "taboo" applications
and publish the remaining bits (for the first time --ever-- I'll
actually read those Microsoft EULAs and see what they say).

The app is fairly straightforward .. has an .ini file that drives the
tabs and elements on each tab (it's a step-by-step model). Once I get it
"copyright friendly" I'll post it somewhere public and announce to list.

Cheers,

Michael Holstein CISSP GCIA
Cleveland State University