[unisog] Have heard from MediaSentry about those bad IPs

Chris Edwards chris at eng.gla.ac.uk
Fri Jan 7 12:22:57 GMT 2005

On Thu, 6 Jan 2005, Pete Hickey wrote:

| It's happening again.......

Yup - we got a complaint from mediasentry a few days ago.  The cited IP
address does exist, however, the we believe the machine in question was
switched off at the time of the alleged infrinment, and had been off for
serveral days prior.  In particular, there are no external flows for this
IP whatsoever.  So it's hard to see how this could have been distributing
copyrighted materials...

Interestingly, the message itself was ostensibly from the MPAA and
contained no reference to mediasentry.  The giveaway was in the received:
headers - the sending host being "email.mediasentry.net".

--
Chris Edwards, Glasgow University Computing Service