[unisog] Initial Observations of the Microsoft AntiSpyware Be ta1

Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu
Fri Jan 7 20:14:10 GMT 2005

On Fri, 07 Jan 2005 14:18:25 GMT, "Willie O' Connor" said:

> Does anyone know exactly what spyware/adware it's supposed to detect? I note
> that it didn't detect Viewpoint media player as spyware/adware although
> adaware and spybot both detect it and remove it?

Is there a business relationship between Viewpoint and either Microsoft or Giant?

Matt Blaze made the interesting observation regarding PKI that "A CA can protect
you from anybody they're not accepting money from".  There's been plenty of
evidence that similar things are going on in the spyware installation/removal
field.