[unisog] Is anyone using the Cisco FWSM

liukang at bjut.edu.cn liukang at bjut.edu.cn
Sat Jan 8 03:42:08 GMT 2005

Hi,
I'm the network administrator in Beijing University of Technology
(www.bjut.edu.cn). A FWSM was installed on the core sw of my campus network. I
think FWSM is much better than the old firewalls I've ever used, because the
bandwidth of old fw(s) is limited to 100M or 1000M, but the bandwidth of FWSM is
5G. There are about 40 servers running behind the FWSM, and I use it to generate
logfiles to monitor all accesses from inside to outside, about 3G txt file pre
day.
what do you mean by "interface is problematic"? I think FWSM is much easier than
the orignal fw, the modules maybe a little expensive, but the performance is
really good. :)

Kang Liu
Network Center
Beijing University of Technology