[unisog] MAC/PC Mixed Mode Envioronment

Joe Little jlittle at cs.stanford.edu
Mon Jan 10 16:53:31 GMT 2005

We are using MacOSX Server's Open Directory and Samba services with
mixed success, and that is primarily due to the fact that we do not use
ActiveDirectory as the backend authentication. I would definitely
consider it in your configuration. Our issues mostly stem from the fact
that we are more mixed environment, with a lot of Linux/UNIX systems.

There are also further AD-compatible services that can work with your
scenario here:

http://www.padl.com/Products/XAD.html