[unisog] Initial Observations of the Microsoft AntiSpyware Be ta1

Florian Weimer fw at deneb.enyo.de
Mon Jan 10 19:50:04 GMT 2005

* jef moskot:

> Actually, most of my users would probably click the button even it
> said "Hey, check it out, I'm about to erase your hard drive, and
> install a virus that will load your machine with child porn.  You
> MUST click the OK button to proceed." given the way they respond to
> legit warnings.

That's because there are simply too many warnings.  A warning is not
an exceptional event, but the norm.  Most of the time, the warning is
in error, and it's just interrupting your workflow, and if you
anticipate the warnings and click them away without reading them, you
increase your productivity.  A user interface which doesn't take this
into account is misdesigned.