[unisog] Safe remote access

Gary Dobbins dobbins at nd.edu
Wed Jul 27 13:28:31 GMT 2005

Anyone tried "Cisco Secure Desktop" for this?

A new feature with their VPN concentrators, it purportedly delivers a
workspace 'bubble' via a browser, the client-side part of which checks for
and attempts to isolate from keyloggers specifically.

If it works, seems ready-made for this kind of need.

Andrew Daviel wrote:
> Following an incident where we believe a user had a password captured at
> an Internet cafe in Bulgaria, I've been bouncing the question off a
> couple of lists as "Are Internet cafes safe?"
>
> To which the general consensus was "No!"

   Gary Dobbins, CISSP -- Director, Information Security
   University of Notre Dame, Office of Information Technologies