[unisog] Safe remote access

Peter Van Epp vanepp at sfu.ca
Wed Jul 27 15:07:59 GMT 2005

On Wed, Jul 27, 2005 at 08:28:31AM -0500, Gary Dobbins wrote:
> Anyone tried "Cisco Secure Desktop" for this?
>
> A new feature with their VPN concentrators, it purportedly delivers a
> workspace 'bubble' via a browser, the client-side part of which checks for
> and attempts to isolate from keyloggers specifically.
>
> If it works, seems ready-made for this kind of need.

	One expects the "if it works" is the operant word here. I expect this
won't find a hardware key logger (although I haven't played with any of them
I have played with IBM PC keyboard signals before) because if you are inline
with the keyboard you can invisibly tap off the TTL data signal in to your
capture buffer and nothing but a physical inspection of the keyboard cable
(and the internals of the keyboard if the machines owner wants to run the tap)
will find that. I suspect they mean the various software keyloggers which
isn't the only threat here.