[unisog] Trusted Computing (was Safe remote access)

Mike Wiseman mike.wiseman at utoronto.ca
Wed Jul 27 16:21:03 GMT 2005

With the key logger talk, I'd like to go a little off-topic here and ask about people's
knowledge regarding Trusted Computing: Vista/LaGrande/TPM. Big picture questions aside,
I'm wondering what functionality will be available when Vista is released. HW/SW key
logger detection/prevention, software attestation? These theoretically would go a long way
to improving the security picture. TPM is already available in many products, not sure
about Intel's LaGrande availability.

Mike

Mike Wiseman
Computer Security Administration