[unisog] SANS EDU at The University of Tennessee

James D. Perry II jperry1 at utk.edu
Wed Jun 1 13:54:54 GMT 2005

All,

The University of Tennessee, in cooperation with The SANS Institute, is
planning to host a SANS EDU event in the upcoming months.  As such, please
email me regarding your preferred dates, course selection, and the
name/email of those planning on attending so we can finalize the course and
work with SANS to schedule the instructor.

At the moment we have the following dates and courses in mind:

Potential Dates:

	August 14 - 19, 2005 (or) November 6 - 11, 2005

Potential Courses:

	SANS Security Essentials Bootcamp (SEC401) - Formerly Track 1
	Hacker Techniques, Exploits & Incident Handling (SEC504) - Formerly
Track 4
 	(visit www.sans.org for additional course details).

Location:

	University of Tennessee's Knoxville Campus (UT Conference Center)
	(visit http://www.outreach.utk.edu/conferences/facilities.html for
additional information)

Cost:

	To Be Determined!

 	The normal cost for the full 6-day SANS GIAC course SEC401 is
$3,145.00 plus $300.00 for the certification attempt.
	The normal cost for the full 6-day SANS GIAC course SEC504 is
$3,045.00 plus $300.00 for the certification attempt.
	Depending on the number of attendees the University of Tennessee
guarantees, a discounted price is extended from SANS.
	Nevertheless, the cost should be somewhere in the range of $500-$800
for the full course plus the $300 for the certification attempt.

Who May Attend:

	Any accredited EDU - college, university, community college, K-12
only! No Commercial or Government employees.

Regards,

James Perry, Statewide Security Team Lead
The University of Tennessee - Information Security Office
916 Volunteer Blvd., Suite 205
Knoxville, TN  37996
(865) 974-3592
Jperry1 at utk.edu