[unisog] Request Opinions on Anti-Virus Software

PaulFM paulfm at me.umn.edu
Tue Jun 7 13:33:29 GMT 2005

We used to use McAfee (which had really helpful features that I find our
current and your previous major vendor lacking).  We switched a couple of
years ago (Not my decision - Site license).  Look into the alerting features
- I use to have  every machine send me an e-mail when it detected a virus
(useful as users tended to ignore the warning on their desktop).

Anyway, once I had the system figured out - I was able to switch all 150+
desktops in a day (I had to develop my own installation method for Symantec).
  And I think it should be even easier to switch back (if that need ever arises).