[unisog] phishing attack against email credentials at auckland.ac.nz

Peter Van Epp vanepp at sfu.ca
Tue Jun 7 17:54:59 GMT 2005

<snip>

> At around 1100 (local time) we started seeing emails pointing to a new
> server (thanks to Seth Hall for alerting us to this) and I got this
> blocked at about 1120).  During that 20 minutes we had about 90 machines
> download the worm.

<snip>

	Also thanks to Seth's warning we have (touch wood :-)) so far managed
to avoid this completely. I got the original email and blocked the first site,
and after Seth's post of the new IP blocked the second. From the argus logs
we look to have had a handfull of users try and access the first site, luckily
after it was blocked and no apparant infections so far (although I imagine a
few will come in from off campus on laptops).