[unisog] Request Opinions on Anti-Virus Software

Leigh Vincent l.vincent at ballarat.edu.au
Tue Jun 7 22:43:08 GMT 2005

Here at University of Ballarat, Australia, we are about to replace our
Inocculate with Sophos.  from what I can see Sophos seems by far the
most responsive to new viruses and we have been able to provide it to
students free of charge.

But we do not rely on desktop AV alone.  we also have a boarder email
scanner which detects and prevents a large number of infected files from
entering.  Of course the Web Based email systems are a big problem, bu
that's where Sophos will come into its own I hope.

As we all know, in IT security "There Are No Silver Bullets".

Cheers