[unisog] Peer-to-Peer Software

McGuffin, Tim ucs_tim at exchange.shsu.edu
Wed Jun 8 02:01:41 GMT 2005

We use Linux / iptables for our firewalls and residence hall routers, and developed iptables modules and rules for blocking most p2p apps.  It takes a little time to reverse engineer the new apps when they're released, but saves bandwidth and headaches once the rules are added to the firewall.

We receive 1-2 takedown notices a semester, with a residence hall population of just over 3500.

-Tim