[unisog] Current use of Netware (OES),

Cal Frye cjf at calfrye.com
Thu Jun 9 18:06:13 GMT 2005

AFAIK, the most detailed and granular system of groups, shares, and access
rights is Novell's. Have you considered the additional advantages of merely
upgrading? We're quite happy with the performance and failover capacity we
gained with clustering our NW6.5 server set. And the licensing model with the
newer versions is site-based, permitting an unlimited number of servers. Once we
discovered consortium purchasing, our annual cost became much more attractive. I
don't know much about pricing on your side of the world, however.

I admit I might be a bit partisan ;-)

--Cal Frye, Network Administrator, Oberlin College
 www.ouuf.org, www.calfrye.com
GnuPG ID 43061C16, Public key http://www.calfrye.com/cfrye.asc

  "There is no reason anyone would want a computer in their home. " - Ken Olson,
president, chairman and founder of Digital Equipment Corp., 1977