[unisog] any experience with Q1Labs?

James D. Perry II jperry1 at utk.edu
Mon Jun 13 11:40:57 GMT 2005

We recently completed an evaluation of several SEM systems here at the
University of Tennessee.  Although there are several vendors who provide
very similar capabilities, only a couple meet our specific needs for
integration with third-party applications like HP OpenView and ARS Remedy.

I would suggest that you take a look at ArcSight (if you want comprehensive
analysis and correlation capabilities - and aren't concerned with disk
storage - does use an Oracle database) or Network Intelligence (fast system
with minimal disk requirements - proprietary database).

James Perry
IT Team Lead, Information Security Office
University of Tennessee
Jperry1 at utk.edu
(865) 974-3592