[unisog] Dshield like submission for local campus

marchany@vt.edu marchany at vt.edu
Mon Jun 13 17:45:01 GMT 2005

>Ok.. I'm not seeing from dshield how one sets this up themselves. Is
>there a pointer somewhere?

Johannes Ullrich, Dshield developer, has indicated he's willing to let EDU use
the DSHIELD code to set up local dshield sites like ours
(http://dshield.cirt.vt.edu). He gave us the code 2 years ago and we modified
it to fit our site/needs. It will take some work to set up.

Basically, you would get the dshield distribution code from him and install it
on your system. I don't have his email address handy but if you go to
www.dshield.org, you can get it from there.

	-r.